Kubota Holdings Europe B.V. (Head Office: Nieuw-Vennep, Kingdom of the Netherlands; President: Shingo Hanada, hereinafter “KHE”), a subsidiary of Kubota Corporation (Head Office: Naniwa-ku, Osaka, Japan; President and Representative Director: Yuichi Kitao; hereinafter “Kubota”) that oversees its farm and industrial machinery business in Europe, has decided to acquire 100% of the stock of Pulverizadores Fede, S.L. (Head Office: Valencia, Spain; Representative: Federico Pérez Salvador; hereinafter “Pulverizadores Fede”), a manufacturer and distributor of tractor implements (hereinafter “implements”) and to make the company a wholly owned subsidiary.
- Background and Objectives
- In Europe, the speciality crops market is a thriving sector which Kubota regards as an important market for its tractor business. Kubota’s narrow-width tractors are specifically designed to work within the speciality crops sector.
- Pulverizadores Fede, which operates mainly in Spain and Portugal, is a dedicated manufacturer of crop care implements – sprayers – that are used for pest and diseases control in the speciality crops market. Its strength is in proprietary high-end technologies which are already in practical use, including a smart sprayer that controls the chemical volume and airflow, while using a sensor to precisely measure the heights of trees that need to be sprayed. It also has a system that will show the user where needs to be sprayed and the amount needed on a map.
- In the speciality crops market, mechanization and precision are not as advanced as upland farming for grains and other crops, so expectations are particularly high for smart agricultural technologies in pest control operations, where tightened environmental regulations call for reduced chemical usage.
- By bringing Pulverizadores Fede on board as a subsidiary, the Kubota Group will expand its line-up of implements in the speciality crops market and strengthen its compatibility between tractors and implements, thereby working towards reducing overall environmental impact and fuel consumption through efficient spraying.
- Pulverizadores Fede will keep its brand name, the location of its headquarters and the management will remain as it is currently. KHE and Pulverizadores Fede staff will work closely in order to accomplish both future developments and business goals.
- Going forward, Kubota will accelerate its expansion in the speciality crops market by collaborating with start-ups which the Kubota Group is involved with.
- Overview of Fede
(1) Corporate name: Pulverizadores Fede, S.L.
(2) Business: Manufacture and sale of sprayers for the speciality crops market
(3) Established: 1967
(4) Head office: Valencia, Spain
(5) Representative: Federico Pérez Salvador
(6) Number of employees: 45
【Overview of Kubota Holdings Europe】
(1) Corporate name: Kubota Holdings Europe B.V.
(2) Business: Management of farm and industrial machinery business
(3) Established: 2017
(4) Head office: Nieuw-Vennep, Kingdom of the Netherlands
(5) President: Shingo Hanada
Kubota has been a leading manufacturer of agricultural, turf and construction equipment and Industrial Engines since 1890. With world Headquarters in Osaka Japan, and offices in more than 120 countries, and with over 41,000 employees throughout North America, Europe and Asia, Kubota achieved revenues in 2020 of $17.3 billion. Although agricultural equipment is Kubota’s primary line of products, Kubota also produces a diverse portfolio of other products including city wide water filtration systems, irrigation, piping, roofing, housing and large underground valves.
Our mission, “For Earth, For Life,” speaks of our commitment to the preservation of the Earth’s natural environment while aiding the production of food and water supplies that are vital to societal needs as our world population continues to grow. That mission is realized each time a Kubota tractor harvests the land to produce life-sustaining food or our construction equipment excavates to transport water resources or provide shelter. For more information on Kubota, please visit www.kubota-global.net or www.kubota-eu.com.
About Pulverizadores Fede
Pulverizadores Fede, with over 50 years of experience, is high-end technology leader in the speciality crops sector. Its comprehensive solutions allow effective and efficient treatments that promote agricultural sustainability, reduce the environmental impact of the treatments, help agricultural professionals to produce quality fruits and improve the agri-food security of society.