The role will report directly to the Business Development Manager – Ag (Rob Edwards) and be based at Thame, with frequent travelling to other locations.
1.1 To ensure that all duties are providing the highest customer service in terms of general dealings with the customer and delivery performance in order to contribute in a positive manner to the overall customer experience.
2.1 Promote and maintain a high Health and Safety Culture.
2.2 Monitor and review procedures/processes (inc. ISO, Company and JSOX) for compliance, standardisation and/or change enhancement so that they remain fit for purpose, ensuring that all are documented, advertised and adopted as working practices. 2.3 To ensure that all practices are conducted in a legal, ethical, confidential and moral way.
3.1 Ensure the effective recruitment, selection and induction of new staff.
3.2 Review and maintain effective levels of headcount.
3.3 Direct, motivate and train divisional staff as required, ensuring that they are fully trained to undertake their role.
3.4 Undertake regular staff performance reviews both formally and informally.
3.5 Be responsible for the development and discipline of team members in line with company policy.
3.6 Develop and maintain a culture of continuous improvement.
3.7 To work with the management and staff of the Company to improve engagement and involvement.
4.1 To action all duties in a cost conscious way whilst minimising waste.
5.1 To undertake market research, providing data to the BDM which might lead to sales, parts and service growth opportunities, including competitor pricing, benefits etc.
5.2 To attend and assist/present in various meetings/initiatives such as dealer and customer surveys, sales meetings, trade shows, product demonstrations, providing technical support and follow up, as required.
5.3 Deliver, in coordination with the training manager, training on Company products to the field and dealer staff. Permanently updating on knowledge about the Company as well as our competitors product line-up and prepare/ deliver the product comparisons identifying unique selling points.
5.4 In conjunction with the Marketing department to recommend product positioning for advertising/website, promotional and sales material and ensure product message is communicated correctly.
5.5 To implement innovative marketing and sales planning initiatives in conjunction with the BDM, Dealer Development Manager (DDM) and Marketing department.
5.6 Assist in the resolution of dealer enquiries/complaints and maintain effective working relationships with the dealers and customers.
5.7 Identify the need for new product development and existing product improvements, working in conjunction with R&D and supporting R&D surveys.
5.8 Support local homologation process and product documentation translation.
5.9 Guide engineering and product development from a sales and marketing perspective.
5.10 Support and work with sales and marketing staff and dealers to achieve divisional and corporate objectives and manage resources.
5.11 To assist with new business projects.
5.12 To develop and implement strategies to motivate dealers/distributors, their sales and marketing managers and appropriate staff in conjunction with the BDM and DDM.
5.13 Recommend to the BDM, pricing strategies to ensure that the product market share, sales and profit contribution plans are not threatened.
5.14 Prepare and create the relevant machine configurations and respective price build up.
5.15 Undertake any other duties and responsibilities commensurate with the level and responsibilities of the position.
5.16 Work in harmony with all other personnel and communicate in an open courteous manner with colleagues and customers.
5.17 Carry out responsibilities in accordance with Company policies and procedures.
5.18 Undertake any training necessary to carry out duties and responsibilities.
5.19 Maintain confidentiality at all times in relation to product, financial aspects etc of both Kubota and the dealer network.
5.20 Ensure that Safe Systems of Work and Standard Operating Procedures are in place, advertised, adopted and remain relevant for each section of responsibility, reviewing as required.
Standards of Performance are Achieved When (KPI’s)
- Health and Safety standards are to the highest achievable level.
- All procedures/processes are documented and published to form part of everyday working practice whilst being constantly reviewed.
- Agreed budgets are not exceeded.
- Assessment, evaluation and communication of Company products are carried out on time to the highest standards.
- Demonstrates awareness of improvements which enhance the performance of the product and/or reduce costs.
- Information provided to Dealer Managers through market research data leads to sales growth. Written reports are produced on time, precise and informative.
- Technical awareness provides solutions to dealer/end user problems, resulting in dealer staff product knowledge being enhanced.
- Product and technical training to dealers and end users is provided successfully, in line with the agreed plan.
- Product/technical information provided to the Marketing department for creation of both internal and external communications is accurate and timely.
- Divisional deadlines/milestones are met.
- Excellent teamwork is achieved across all stakeholders, not least between Kubota and the dealerships where there is interaction.
Essential Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Extensive knowledge of the relevant industry along with the same level of knowledge of the relevant Kubota product range and their applications.
- In-depth knowledge of the competitor products.
- Previous experience of market analysis etc including translating this into action plans.
- Up to date knowledge of industry, trends, changes and market intelligence.
Results-oriented with a strong willingness to improve the presence on the market.
Experience of working within a dealer/distributor business model with an insight on how to improve and optimise.
- Mechanical aptitude including the ability to operate Kubota equipment, with excellent technical skills.
- Strong IT systems skills.
- Be able to implement good change management strategies.
- Will be able to demonstrate ability to manage issues to a successful conclusion using empathy, mutual respect and negotiation skills.
- Will possess good numeracy skills and attention to detail.
- All ‘core’ management skills ie communication, interpersonal, presentation, negotiation, proactive, confidentiality, integrity, focused etc, including experience of working within a continuous improvement environment.
- A current driving license is required and ideally a valid passport as there will be extensive travel, mainly within the UK and Ireland, but also overseas.
If you believe that you have the skills, knowledge and experience to be a success in this role please apply, in writing, to the Human Resources email address – firstname.lastname@example.org Please include an up-to-date CV and covering letter highlighting the areas you feel to be relevant to your application, (for external applications please include details of your current salary package).